Stannah is a long-standing British, family-owned company, with strong values and heritage. We meticulously craft and develop all our products to make them what we consider to be the very best in the market. We aim to be recognised as leaders in reputation for safety, quality products and outstanding service.
As the UK’s leading independent supplier of lift products, we are pioneers of forward-thinking design and technical excellence. We’re a big business but we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lift Tester Technician to join our Major Projects Team to test and commission high end heavy duty lifts, within infrastructure environments.
We are looking for a skilled NVQ Level 4 qualified Tester Technician to provide technical product and engineering expertise during the installation and refurbishment of industrial lifts, including commissioning and testing products to industry and UKCA standards.
As the Lift Tester Technician you'll use your technical expertise to:
• Rectify, repair/replace any component and provide alternative solutions/products during the testing/commissioning phase of an installation
• Diagnose and advise component suppliers of faults, provide a plan for intermittent faults, compile reports for others, modify circuits and advise on design changes.
• Adjust - make precision adjustments during the test and commissioning phase to ensure the lift equipment is set up and calibrated to its most optimum safety, performance and reliability settings.
• Site inspection visits - complete pre-start checks to ensure the client is ready for the works to proceed and regular site visits to monitor progress throughout the lift installation phase.
You will be responsible for the Health Safety and Welfare and day to day site management of all Stannah Lift Services personnel and sub-contractors with associated tasks and duties including regular progress reports to the Project Manager.
We are seeking a self motivated Tester Technician with a safety conscious approach to working. You will have the ability and proven experience to communicate technical, complex and sensitive information.
This role will include travel to sites around the South of England and other parts of the UK, therefore we are looking for an individual who can be flexible in their approach and location of work.
To be successful in the role you must have good understanding of - BS EN 81 and BS 8486 as well as experience working in a construction site environment.
• NVQ4 in Testing and Commissioning
• Full Driving Licence
• Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
• Company car is provided
• 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days
• Quarterly Bonus (based on Group Company profits)
• Matched Contribution (Salary Sacrifice) Pension Scheme
• Simply Health Cash Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Shopping Discount / Rewards Scheme