We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lift Technician to join our Christchurch Service Branch. We are looking for Lift Engineers who hold, or are working towards their NVQ Level 4 in Lift Engineering, and have solid experience of working within a technical, installation or repair capacity on all types of Industrial Lifts.
As a Lift Technician you will provide support to the Branch Manager and Field Service Managers to train and develop a team of Field Based Engineers across the area. As well as using your knowledge and experience to complete technical assessments; determining any faults to provide resolution, along with process and cost reporting.
The successful candidate will carry out thorough examinations as required by LOLER. Testing lifts to BS 8486 standards. We are looking for someone who has a good understanding of PUWER, LOLER, MD, LD, MANAGING SAFELY,R.A. techniques.
The Technical Lift Engineers position offers a competitive salary with a 39hr working week, and comes with a company vehicle.
A vehicle will be provided so a valid driving licence is essential.
- Investigation reports
- Day to day site supervision of lift removals, installations and refurbishments
- Monitoring site safety, quality, compliance with specification and measuring performance of sub- contractors
- Dealing with site technical queries
- Procurement of materials
- Liaising with clients’ representatives as required
- Carrying out site surveys
- Submitting regular progress reports
- To be involved in the Continuous Professional Development of other engineers, by training and assisting others in addressing complex engineering problems.
- To deputise for the Field Services Manager or others when appropriate
NVQ4 credits preferred or equivalent
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days
- Quarterly Bonus (based on Group Company profits)
- Matched Contribution (Salary Sacrifice) Pension Scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Shopping Discount / Rewards Scheme