An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our team in Andover. The role is to generate and deliver hardware design solutions serving the new product introduction function.
Working as a Senior Hardware Engineer you will be proficient in electronic hardware development, creation of design documentation from requirements to architectures, documenting your design calculations and simulations, which you will then link to a design DFMEA.
Ideal candidates will be experienced in analogue and electronics design principles for motor drive and control systems, working within a rigorous design framework implementing safety critical solutions, preferably to SIL2.
You will be an effective communicator, able to converse with colleagues from other engineering disciplines as well as the rest of the business and external customers and suppliers. Ideal candidates will hold an HNC/Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to electronic hardware engineering and have experience with EMC Directive 2004/108/EC test solutions.
- Develop all aspects of electrical/electronic hardware design solutions of new products
- Develop hardware engineering documentation, maintaining traceability through to implementation
- Utilising change and version management control through the development process via pc-based management tools.
- Ensure designs are functionally tested to the defined requirements, in the lab and with support of test departments (Local and External).
- Support the DFMEA process, from system to component level, to analyse and validate adherence to the design requirements.
- Produce technical documentation to support the following departments / functions; contract manufacturing, production, installation and service.
- Carry out the assessment of the safety of product designs using Product Safety Hazard Analysis process.
- Coaching and mentoring of junior colleagues in the fulfilment of their role.
- Responsible for peer reviewing and sign off of engineering documentation.
HNC/Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to electronic hardware engineering
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme (based on Group Company profits)
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase another 5 days
- Matched Contribution (Salary Sacrifice) Pension Scheme
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan (allows you to claim towards health costs)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme (includes cinema discounts, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops)
- Flexible working catered to individual needs including remote working
- Early finish Fridays
- On-site subsidised canteen
- Commutable; Easy access from London, South Coast & South West.
- Social club offering lots of trips throughout the year