An exciting career opportunity has arisen for a Platform Lift Installation Engineer to be part of our growing Homelift product team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of domestic through-floor lifts, step and platform lifting products throughout the South of England.
The hours for this role are 39 per week, and overtime (if required to meet the business needs) is paid after 44 hours.
Stannah Home Lifts enable people to move around their home more freely, with ease, from the moment of the installation. Powered by hydraulic drives, Home Lifts use fluid to fill a cylinder and allow the lift to move up and down.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate a high standard of workmanship. You will lead the installation process which takes place in customers' homes. We are seeking individuals who are therefore of smart appearance, who are self-motivated and enthusiastic. Excellent communication skills will be essential as you will be dealing with members of the public, you will be able to demonstrate an exceptional level of customer service.
We are looking for experienced engineers who have good knowledge of electrical safety and other relevant Industry/Health and Safety legislation, standards, and codes of practice.
Due to working within our customer’s homes individuals will require a DBS check which the company will provide.
A vehicle is provided with the position therefore a valid full driving licence is essential.
Our culture of continuous improvement will ensure that you have every opportunity for further training and development.
- Installing and commissioning a range of Homelift products
- Developing and maintaining an appropriate level of technical knowledge of products
- Recording and updating information on a smart phone / tablet
- Completion of scheduled work and loading / unloading arrangements
- Ensuring during installation and handover, that the end user remains the priority
- Ensuring paperwork completed
- NVQ 2 in platform lift installation is desirable
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Bonus Scheme, based on Group Company profits, which is paid quarterly
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Pension Scheme, matched contribution/salary sacrifice
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan which allows you to claim towards health costs such as dental and optical as well as physiotherapy, chiropody and flu vaccinations
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Long Service award scheme, with additional holiday benefit
- Company Benefits Discount and Rewards Scheme which includes shop discounts, hotel discounts, days out and more
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity provision
- Company Vehicle