An opportunity has arisen for a Lift Service Engineer to join our Birmingham Branch, covering the West Midlands Route.
Working with Stannah as a Lift Service Engineer brings responsibility for minor repairs and maintenance of all types of Industrial Lifts.
All Lift Engineers will have a comprehensive engineering background with the ability to carry out minor repairs on passenger and goods lifts from various manufacturers.
All engineers should have excellent mechanical and electrical knowledge with well developed experience of delivering customer service. It is essential that all our engineers project the friendly, professional image by which we are known, therefore excellent communication skills and a smart appearance are as vital as technical competence.
Your working week will be 39 hours with call out at 1 in 4.
A valid driving licence is also essential to the role as you will be provided with a vehicle.
- Attend maintenance visits on vertical lift
- Carry out an effective risk assessment
- Completion of site log cards
- Ensure a high standard of quality and delivery of service
- Mentor and coach Apprentices as and when required
- Attend maintenance and call out visits on lifts
- Carry out minor repair work
- Participate in our 24 hr call out rota covering the whole of our region
- You will be expected to manage your own service route with the minimum of supervision, in line with service productivity targets
- NVQ level 3 within Lift Engineering or equivalent is essential
- Proven experience in the maintenance and minor repair on a range of electrical, mechanical or electronic equipment, in the customer’s environment
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme (based on Group Company profits)
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase another 5 days
- Matched Contribution (Salary Sacrifice) Pension Scheme
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan (allows you to claim towards health costs)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme (includes cinema discounts, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops)
- Company Vehicle