We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Manufacturing to join us at Stannah and take responsibility for all aspects of manufacturing across all of our UK and EU manufacturing sites.
We’re a leading UK manufacturer of stairlift, home lift and platform lift products, with manufacturing and distribution sites in Andover, Hampshire and Newburn in the North East of England, as well as in Europe.
The role is based in Andover, Hampshire and as part of the Senior Leadership Team, its key focus is to create greater operational efficiency through process improvement, strategic investment and building an engaged, high performing team.
In the role you will report to the Managing Director and will be expected to champion the adoption of a continuous improvement mindset. You will be confident to implement world class manufacturing tools and techniques to improve operational performance.
We are looking for an individual who is a natural leader, with an inclusive and positive approach to work and management.
To be successful in the role you will be able to demonstrate you are resilient and able to make effective decisions under pressure and in short timescales.
It is essential that you have at least 5 years management experience in a senior manufacturing leadership position in a relevant industry.
- Ensure the highest standards of operating health and safety are maintained in the factories
- Construct, monitor and manage a comprehensive set of operational metrics (including financial) controlling all aspects of critical performance
- Provide the highest standards of leadership and direction to the manufacturing teams
- Champion the use of modern manufacturing tools and techniques to create an environment of Operational Excellence
- Act as a senior stakeholder and catalyst for the introduction of new products into manufacturing
- Act as an ambassador for the Stannah brand values in all internal and external interactions
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- A first degree is desirable but not essential
- Formal vocational qualifications and development in operational leadership would be an advantage
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme (based on Group Company profits)
- Management Bonus Scheme (based on Individual Performance)
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase another 5 days
- Matched Contribution (Salary Sacrifice) Pension Scheme
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan (allows you to claim towards health costs)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme (includes cinema discounts, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops)