An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a Marker Leader for an individual looking to start a career and help enhance people’s lives. The Installers Mate assists with the installation of our range of Home Lift products. If you have the desire to work towards becoming a Home Lift Installer, this role could be for you. You will gain essential experience whilst working alongside our trained teams of installers as they work within domestic properties. No experience necessary, however, a mechanical aptitude is desirable. Each job will be different and will involve travelling to various sites around the North of England.
Stannah Home Lifts enable people to move around their home more freely, with ease, from the moment of the installation. Powered by hydraulic drives, Home Lifts use fluid to fill a cylinder and allow the lift to move up and down.
Full training will be provided as part of the role so this is a great opportunity to develop a wide range of skills. You will gain experience of installing through-floor lifts, step and platform lifting products.
The hours for this role are 39 per week, and overtime (if required to meet the business needs) is paid after 44 hours.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate a high standard of workmanship, whilst working with some supervision of the installation engineer. You will be involved in the installation process which takes place in customers' homes. We are seeking individuals who are therefore of smart appearance, who are self-motivated and enthusiastic. Excellent communication skills and a desire to put the customer first will be essential as you will be dealing with members of the public.
The team is growing and with this brings new opportunities for a career, so this is a great way to develop installation skills early on.
We are looking for individuals who have experience of using power tools and hand tools and have a good awareness of electrical safety.
Industry experience would be an advantage, this can be transferable from any basic engineering role or joinery, or any other relatable industry.
Due to working within our customer’s homes individuals will require a DBS check which the company will provide.
A vehicle is provided with the position therefore a valid full driving licence is essential.
- Complete scheduled work supporting the installer
- Drive a company vehicle to transport the product to site and collect parts for the installer
- Load and unload the van at the depot and on site at the installation
- Regularly use power tools and hand tools during the installation
- Complete documentation relating to the installation
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of yourself, employees, customers, and members of the public
- Basic level of School education
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme (based on Group Company profits)
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase another 5 days
- Matched Contribution (Salary Sacrifice) Pension Scheme
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan (allows you to claim towards health costs)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme (includes cinema discounts, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops)
- Company Vehicle