We have a fantastic opportunity for a HR Advisor to join the HR team at Stannah.
The role will be office based at Head Office in Andover with the flexibility to work from home where the business needs allow.
As HR Advisor for Stannah you will support the business objectives by acting as a line manager's first point of call in employee-related matters. This role will work as part of a wider team supporting client groups in the lift industry, engineering, sales and office professions.
We are looking for an experienced generalist who has proven experience of working as an Advisor in a fast-paced multi-site environment. It is essential that you have a solid background in employee relations, supporting case work with complexity up to and including dismissal.
To be successful in this role you will have experience of advising on a range of employment areas. You will be able to demonstrate how you’ve advised and supported managers through, sometimes complex, employee relation issues to reach a resolution. You will be confident in your knowledge and interpretation of employment law and comfortable to challenge.
You will have a desire to support managers and employees in a way that aligns with the core business values and behaviours, maintaining a high quality service that is fitting with the HR team’s work ethic and style.
Calm under pressure and good knowledge of employment law is key to the success of this role, along with excellent attention to detail. It is essential that you are able to confidently support the HR Business Partner and HR Coordinator, acting as a trusted advisor and coach to the client groups.
- Provide generalist support for Managers, building strong relationships to support day to day HR related activities, assisting in their interpretation and compliance with HR policies and procedures with existing and new employment legislation and good practice
- Support Managers with investigations, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters (up to and including dismissal)
- Provide high quality and effective solution focussed advice and guidance on people management issues to Managers, acting as a trusted advisor and coach
- Provide generalist support for Managers in the provision of workforce planning, recruitment, development, coaching and support, performance management and good employee relations
- Provide support to Managers and staff on HR queries as and when required, including regular HR surgeries
- Work closely with the Occupational Health Advisor to effectively manage ill health cases
- Administer and maintain employee records with the support of the HR Co-ordinator
- Attend internal and external meetings and represent HR where appropriate
- Promote the HR service and improve visibility and communications
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
- Support the Stannah Group HR team in the delivery of a full end-to-end HR strategy and service throughout the Stannah Group locations, travelling to sites and depots as required
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- CIPD part or fully qualified (or equivalent experience)
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme (based on Group Company profits)
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase another 5 days
- Matched Contribution (Salary Sacrifice) Pension Scheme
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan (allows you to claim towards health costs)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme (includes cinema discounts, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops)