An opportunity has arisen for a Lift Service Engineer to join our Birmingham Service Branch, covering a route across Stoke.
This is a fantastic opening for a Lift Engineer, qualified to NVQ 3 in Lift Engineering or equivalent, who thrives in a busy and customer driven environment.
Working with Stannah as a Lift Service Engineer brings responsibility for routine servicing, maintenance and minor repairs of all types of Industrial Lifts.
All Lift Engineers will have a comprehensive engineering background, including an NVQ 3 in Lift Engineering or equivalent, with the ability to carry out minor repairs on passenger and goods lifts from various manufacturers.
All engineers should have excellent mechanical and electrical knowledge with well developed experience of delivering customer service. It is essential that all our engineers project the friendly, professional image by which we are known, therefore excellent communication skills and a smart appearance are as vital as technical competence.
The working week for a Lift Engineer is 39 hours with call out at 1 in 4.
A valid driving licence is also essential to the role as the successful candidate will be provided with a vehicle.
- Attend Maintenance on Vertical Lifts
- Attend Maintenance and call out visits on a variety of lifts.
- Carry out effective risk assessments
- Completion of site log cards
- Ensure a high standard of quality and delivery of service
- Mentor and coach Apprentices as and when required
- Carry out minor repair work
- Participate in our 24 hr call out rota covering the whole of our region
- You will be expected to manage your own service route with the minimum of supervision, in line with service productivity targets
- NVQ level 3 within Lift Engineering or equivalent is essential
- Proven experience in the maintenance and minor repair on a range of electrical, mechanical or electronic equipment, in the customer’s environment
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Bonus Scheme, based on Group Company profits, which is paid quarterly
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Pension Scheme, matched contribution/salary sacrifice
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan which allows you to claim towards health costs such as dental and optical as well as physiotherapy, chiropody and flu vaccinations
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Long Service award scheme, with additional holiday benefit
- Company Benefits Discount and Rewards Scheme which includes shop discounts, hotel discounts, days out and more
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity provision
- Company Vehicle with the option to pay for private use