An exciting career opportunity has arisen for a Homelift Installation Engineer to be part of our growing Homelift product team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of domestic through-floor lifts, step and platform lifting products throughout the North East of England.
The hours for this role are 39 per week, and overtime (if required to meet the business needs) is paid after 44 hours.
Stannah Home Lifts enable people to move around their home more freely, with ease, from the moment of the installation. Powered by hydraulic drives, Home Lifts use fluid to fill a cylinder and allow the lift to move up and down.
Ideal Installation Engineer candidates will be located in or near to Gateshead, will have a smart appearance, be self-motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to demonstrate a high standard of workmanship, with minimum supervision. The Installation Engineer role is client facing, therefore candidates will be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication.
Our culture of continuous improvement will ensure that as an Installation Engineer you have every opportunity for further training and development. A valid full driving licence and DBS clearance is essential to the role.
- Installing and commissioning a range of Homelift products
- Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of yourself, employees, customers, and others.
- Developing and maintaining an appropriate level of technical knowledge of products.
- Recording and updating information on a PDA
- Complying with high business standards
- Engage in Continuous Improvement activities
- Completion of scheduled work and loading / unloading arrangements.
- Deliver an exceptional level of customer service.
- Ensuring during installation and handover, that the end user remains our priority
- Ensuring paperwork completed correctly and on time
- Ensuring company vehicle is serviced at required intervals and defects rectified
- NVQ 2 is desirable
- Electrical safety knowledge
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme - a proportion of Company earnings shared equally between all employees and paid out at regular intervals
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Pension Scheme, matched contribution/salary sacrifice
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan which allows you to claim towards health costs such as dental and optical as well as physiotherapy, chiropody and flu vaccinations
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Long Service award scheme, with additional holiday benefit
- Company Benefits Discount and Rewards Scheme which includes shop discounts, hotel discounts, days out and more
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity provision
- Company Vehicle