An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a Market Leader as a Homelift Installers mate. This is an ideal role for an individual looking to start a career and wanting to help enhance people’s lives.
An Installers Mate assists with the installation of our range of Home Lift products. If you have the desire to work towards becoming a Home Lift Installer, this role could be for you. You will gain essential experience whilst working alongside our trained teams of installers as they work within domestic properties.
No experience necessary, however, a mechanical aptitude is desirable. Each job will be different and will involve travelling to various sites around the North East of England
Stannah Home Lifts enable people to move around their home more freely, with ease, from the moment of the installation. Powered by hydraulic drives, Home Lifts use fluid to fill a cylinder and allow the lift to move up and down.
Full training will be provided as part of the installers mate role so this is a great opportunity to develop a wide range of skills. You will gain experience of installing through-floor lifts, step and platform lifting products.
The hours for this role are 39 per week, and overtime (if required to meet the business needs) is paid after 44 hours.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate a high standard of workmanship, whilst working with some supervision of the installation engineer. You will be involved in the installation process as an installers mate, which takes place in customers' homes. We are seeking individuals who are therefore of smart appearance, who are self-motivated and enthusiastic. Excellent communication skills and a desire to put the customer first will be essential as you will be dealing with members of the public.
The team is growing and with this brings new opportunities for a career, so this is a great way to develop installation skills early on.
We are looking for individuals who have experience of using power tools and hand tools and have a good awareness of electrical safety.
Industry experience would be an advantage, this can be transferable from any basic engineering role or joinery, or any other relatable industry.
Due to working within our customer’s homes installers mate will require a DBS check which the company will provide.
A vehicle is provided with the position therefore a valid full driving licence is essential.
- Complete scheduled work supporting the installer
- Drive a company vehicle to transport the product to site and collect parts for the installer
- Load and unload the van at the depot and on site at the installation
- Regularly use power tools and hand tools during the installation
- Complete documentation relating to the installation
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of yourself, employees, customers, and members of the public
- Basic level of School education
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme - a proportion of Company earnings shared equally between all employees and paid out at regular intervals
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Pension Scheme, matched contribution/salary sacrifice
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan which allows you to claim towards health costs such as dental and optical as well as physiotherapy, chiropody and flu vaccinations
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Long Service award scheme, with additional holiday benefit
- Company Benefits Discount and Rewards Scheme which includes shop discounts, hotel discounts, days out and more
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity provision
- Company Vehicle