We are recruiting for Lift Repair Engineers to join the team at our Mansfield Service Branch, covering routes across the East Midlands and South Yorkshire.
Candidates would ideally be based in the East Midlands or South Yorkshire - you will be asked to select your preferred route during the application process.
This is a fantastic opening for a Lift Engineer, qualified to NVQ 3 in Lift Engineering or equivalent, who thrives in a busy and customer driven environment.
As a Lift Repair Engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out major and minor repairs on all types of industrial lifts. All Engineers will have a comprehensive engineering background with the ability to carry out detailed fault finding on passenger lifts from various manufacturers.
It is essential that all our Lift Engineers can project the friendly, professional image by which we are known, therefore, excellent communication skills and a smart appearance are as vital as technical competence.
A valid driving licence is also essential to the role as the successful candidate will be provided with a vehicle.
Repair Engineers will be self-motivated and enthusiastic and have the ability to demonstrate a high standard of workmanship whilst working with minimum supervision.
The working week for a Lift Engineer is 39 and overtime (if required to meet the business needs) is paid after 44 hours.
- Carry out major and minor refurbishment works to all types of lifts
- Refurbishment of all types and manufacturer of all types of lifts
- Carry out occasional servicing of industrial products, where required
- Completion of minor and major repairs, both reactive and preventative, on all types and manufacturer of all types of lifts
- Completion of call outs and preventative maintenance visits on all types of lifts
- Risk assessments in accordance with company procedure
- Completion of log cards
- Ensure a high standard of quality and delivery of service
- Mentor and coach Apprentices as and when required
- Work throughout your designated area but also assist our engineers in other areas covered by the Branch, as and when required to do so
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent is essential.
- Proven experience in major and minor repairs
- Some experience of computer or PDA use is essential, as you will be required to use a mobile comms unit to log all calls and access customer and equipment information.
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme - a proportion of Company earnings shared equally between all employees and paid out at regular intervals
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase an 5 additional days
- Pension Scheme, matched contribution (Salary Sacrifice)
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan which allows you to claim towards health costs such as dental and optical as well as physiotherapy, chiropody and flu vaccinations
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Long Service award scheme, with additional holiday benefit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick Pay
- Company Benefits Discount and Rewards Scheme which includes shop discounts, hotel discounts, days out and more
- Enhanced maternity and paternity provision
- Company Vehicle with the option to pay for private use