Do you want to join a team that provides outstanding leadership, strategic direction and support to some of the best schools in the country? Do you want to play your part in delivering outstanding learning and teaching to young people in disadvantaged communities? If so, joining the Star team might just be the best career move you ever make.
About Star Institute
Star Institute is the learning and development centre for Star Academies, one of the UK’s leading education providers. Established to support and promote the improvement of schools nationally and beyond, we aim to build a world-class education workforce.
At Star, we want to play our part in developing the next generation of teachers, managers and leaders in our own schools and throughout the school system.
Teaching School Hubs
Star Institute leads the three DfE-designated Star Teaching School Hubs:
- North West Lancashire, led by Tauheedul Islam Boys’ High School.
- Pennine Lancashire, led by Tauheedul Islam Girls’ High School and Sixth Form College.
- Bolton, Bury and Rochdale, led by Eden Boys’ School, Bolton.
Our remit as a Teaching School Hub includes the delivery of the new statutory Early Career Teacher Programme, the new suite of National Professional Qualifications and the Appropriate Body service, alongside ITT and other CPD.
We are committed to developing partnerships with local schools in each Hub and providing professional development opportunities, as well as harnessing local talent and expertise to ensure these Golden Thread programmes are delivered to an exemplary standard. To enable this, we are looking for Lead Associates and Associates to undertake the following activities:
- Early Career Teacher programme delivery and coordination for both Early Career Teachers and their Mentors.
- National Professional Qualifications delivery, mentoring and coordination including the new specialist programmes, NPQSL and NPQH.
- Appropriate Body Service delivery and coordination, including fidelity and coverage checking for the Core and DIY Induction programmes.
Star is excited to develop new and existing partnerships and seeks to identify excellent practitioners in the system who want to work with the new Teaching School Hubs. Together with our partners we strive to ensure the success of the Golden Thread programmes, to develop the school workforce and to improve the life chances of the children we serve.
Teaching School Hub Delivery Team
Lead Associates and Associates are key to the roll out of the new Golden Thread programmes, a priority for Star Teaching School Hubs. These Associates support across the Early Career Teacher and Mentor programme, National Professional Qualification, and the Appropriate Body Service. An agreement will be made with the Associate’s school regarding their capacity and deployment.
There are two main role types:
- Lead a team of Associates in the delivery of Golden Thread programmes.
- Work with Star to ensure high-quality participant experience on the programmes by ensuring programmes and/or services are delivered to the highest standards.
- Ensure successful programme completion by supporting the pastoral needs of the participants in their allocated cohort(s).
- Deliver agreed elements of the Golden Thread programmes or Appropriate Body Service, this does not need to include all aspects of a programme and will be based on capacity and expertise.
- Work with their Lead Associate to ensure a positive and successful programme or service experience for participants.
You will be:
- Committed to improving the life chances of children.
- Committed to high impact professional development as a driver of educational excellence.
- A serving school leader in a good or outstanding school.
- Experienced and invested in leading teacher or leadership development.
- Familiar with the Golden Thread provision.
- Able to contribute subject or phase specific expertise relevant to the programme.
- An excellent practitioner and leader with a good understanding of the latest evidence-based research into effective pedagogical practices.
- Able to effectively engage and retain participants on a professional development programme.
- A strong communicator, organised and capable of effectively working with other stakeholders.
- Reliable and able to meet capacity commitments.
Find out more
Please download the Recruitment Pack below for further information about the role. For an informal and confidential discussion about the role please contact Star Central by calling 0330 313 9800.
This vacancy is advertised with a view to creating a pool of candidates, therefore we will review applications on receipt and may contact you with the result of your application prior to the closing date. As such, please apply at your earliest convenience, rather than waiting for the closing date.
Closing Date: Sunday, 14 August 2022 at midnight
Interview Date: Monday, 04 July 2022 however further dates will be available throughout the recruitment drive
Proposed Start Date: 01 September 2022.
To find out more including the recruitment process and timeline and to apply for the role of Associate or Lead Associate across one or more roles please download the Recruitment Pack below.
Star Academies is committed to safeguarding, safer recruitment and promoting the welfare of pupils. Our comprehensive recruitment and selection processes aim to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants. Successful candidates are subject to rigorous pre-employment checks.
We are equally committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity. We aim for our workforce to be representative of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We are committed to providing equality and fairness in our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.