You care for them, we’ll care for you
Join our home and provide the very best care to our residents. Build your skills and receive great benefits. We are currently recruiting for Senior Care Assistants to join our team at Sunrise of Chorleywood near Rickmansworth. We have full time (37.5 hours) and part time shifts available (28 hours). Our shift times are 7am to 2.30pm, 2pm to 9.30pm and 7am to 7pm.
About the role
As Senior Care Assistant you will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift and will assign specific tasks to the care assistants and monitor their completion. You will develop, review and update residents’ personal care plan to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs.
The Senior Care Assistant will promote high standards of care by ensuring all team members are trained and supervised appropriately and you will communicate professionally and warmly with visitors, family members and other health care professionals.
We’re looking for caring, compassionate individuals who can manage a team, solve problems, show good judgement and communicate with all sorts of people.
For this role, successful candidates will have:
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- You’ll have at least one year’s experience in long term care, assisted living or healthcare
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel)
Why should you work for us?
As well a competitive salary we offer some great benefits including:
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Workplace Pension
- Ongoing career training and development
- A fantastic range of discounts and offers from many high street/ online retailers
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Recognising great work through our ‘Heart & Soul’ awards scheme
- Wellbeing services, financial loans and more
- Long service awards
We’re also committed to helping you progress and grow, with regular training, development opportunities and study support. If you want to build a successful career in care, we’re the best place to start.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at a Sunrise care home click here
How to apply:
If this sounds like a job for you, and you are interested in applying for this vacancy we would like to hear from you, please click the ‘apply now’ button and one of our team will be in contact with you very soon.
Salary is dependent on experience.