Gracewell of Church Crookham are recruiting for a Shift Leader to join their team.
About the Role
Working as part of a highly committed team at Gracewell, as Shift Leader you will be responsible for providing leadership support within our community.
As Shift Leader you will be a working leader and role model in the day to day provision of care within the community by directly supervising and assisting the care team by allocating tasks in order to provide resident care and services to a high standard. You will help to facilitate individual care plans and support with recognising any changes in the condition of residents and communicating these with the relevant stakeholders. You will be responsible for ensuring documentation is recorded correctly and notifications made to external parties are done so appropriately.
You will be responsible for promoting high standards of care by assisting in the recruitment, selection, training and coaching of team members and you create shift rotas to be reviewed by the Head of Care.
We are looking for a compassionate, supportive and focused individual with good judgement and problem solving skills.
Key things about you:
- Recent experience preferred in healthcare
- Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 3
- Obtained or working towards Diploma in Team Leading Level 2 or equivalent
- Supervisory/management experience preferred which may include supervising and responsibility of shift/daily operations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations
- Possess basic proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications promptly
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours, available for our customers at peak service delivery days and times
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.