About the role
We're looking to recruit for an Activities Organiser, who will be able to create and deliver an engaging activities and volunteer programme for our residents.
As an Activities Organiser you will develop a programme of activities and events that provide a variety of resident and family centred experiences all of which will promote independence, choice and dignity for our residents You will to get to know our residents, their interests and life stories, so you can deliver events that truly enrich their lives and ensure they feel connected with their community
A good knowledge base of community resources is required. Experience of working with seniors would be an advantage, but an outgoing personality with good communication and organisational skills are vital.
Is everyday special to you? Could you make every day special for our Residents? Can you help to implement a stimulating and engaging activities programme designed to meet individual needs? Patient, caring and compassionate, you will be capable of thinking on your feet whilst motivating volunteers and inspiring others with your cheerful personality.
- Proven experience preferred in long term care and/or assisted living or experience/exposure to the senior population
- Experience preferred in volunteer recruitment, coordination and training
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and facilitate small group presentations
- Ability to lead and motivate people to become involved in social events and various activities
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in organisational skills with the ability to coordinate and plan
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.
Gracewell is the number one provider of nursing care in the UK with 100% of all inspected Gracewell nursing homes rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the independent regulator of care services in England.