About the role
Working as part of a highly committed team the Housekeeper is one of the key roles within our communities. As Housekeeper you will put the residents care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. We pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As Housekeeper you will play a crucial role in ensuring visitors, residents and families all receive a positive impression of our homes by keeping residents' rooms and common areas spotless and carrying out other general tasks within the home Cheerful, caring and compassionate, you'll be capable of making responsible decisions and acting in residents' best interests.
- Previous housekeeping experience is desirable
- Ability to build positive relationships with our residents their families and our Sunrise team members
- Exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Able to make responsible choices and decisions, and act in the resident’s best interest
- Effective time keeping and time management
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Had both COVID-19 Vaccinations, or be willing to have both. (This becomes government legislation on 11th November 2021)
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.
Please Note: Sunrise & Gracewell are committed to creating COVID-19 safe environments for our residents and team members. As of 11th November it will become Government legislation that everyone working in a care home must have had both Covid-19 vaccinations and be fully vaccinated before starting work. If you have not already had a vaccination please consider this when applying to work for roles in care. It is worth noting that if you have not had your 1st dose of vaccine by the 16th September 2021 this could delay any start date due to the time required for full vaccination.