About the role
A Care Assistant within our Gracewell Homes is a ‘hugely rewarding and satisfying job with no two days the same’ – and it’s not just us saying that, it’s what some of our most committed team members have said.
As Care Assistant within Gracewell you will be working as part of a focused, and skilled team of fully supported staff who have our residents wellbeing at the core of all they do. The Care Assistant is responsible for providing the highest standards of person centred care to our resident’s whilst maintaining dignity, respect and wellbeing. You will contribute to reviewing the Individual Service Plan for each Resident and assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as required. Gracewell is committed to supporting and developing all Care Assistants with ongoing training & leadership across all areas.
As Care Assistant you will help with transporting residents to appointments and activities outside of the Home, serve food in the dining room, complete dining room clean-up and tidy resident’s rooms. You will also be trained on how to use Dementia Techniques to validate and recognise each individual resident within your role as Care Assistant
- Naturally compassionate with a caring disposition
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience preferred but not essential
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- Medication administration training and/or a willingness to undertake training if required
- Ability to work flexible hours
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.
Gracewell is the number one provider of nursing care in the UK with 100% of all inspected Gracewell nursing homes rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the independent regulator of care services in England.