About the role
Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Bistro Activities Assistant is one of the key roles within our communities.The Bistro Activities assitant is responsible for creating a vibrant and engaging experience for residents and relatives in and around the Bistro area.
This is a new role, and the Bistro Activities Assistant will also be responsible for facilitating activities and providing support to Dining Services. The role holder will contribute to improving the quality of life for residents by creating a sense of fun and enjoyment as well as improving hydration and reducing malnutrition.We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
The Bistro Activities Assistant is responsible for:
- Presentation, hygiene, and general cleanliness of the area
- Supporting hydration and nutrition between meals
- Facilitation of activities and games etc.
- Recording of resident engagement
- Supporting Dining Services at key hours to ensure that service is swift and efficient at all times
- Creating an environment that demonstrates the Sunrise experience to visitors
Is everyday special to you? Could you make every day special for our Residents? Can you help to implement a stimulating and engaging activities programme designed to meet individual needs? Patient, caring and compassionate, you will be capable of thinking on your feet whilst motivating volunteers and inspiring others with your cheerful personality.
- Experience with Seniors either in a personal or proffessional capacity
- Proven ability to motivate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) with the ability to learn new applications.
- Joyful, enthusiastic and positive personality with a sensitive sense of humour
Team player willing to support colleagues and promote ideas and suggestions
An appetite for driving a busy café type culture
A background or experience in performance /drama/entertainment would be an asset
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company’s mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: “to champion quality of life for all seniors”.
In addition to 25 UK care homes, Sunrise has hundreds of other communities in the USA and Canada. Each care home offers personalised care services based on individual need. These range from basic care and help with the tasks of everyday living to more intensive nursing care in those care homes that are registered to provide nursing. Every care home includes a Reminiscence neighbourhood, dedicated to the needs of residents living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.