About the role
Are you looking for flexible hours to work on an adhoc basis to suit your availability? We are currently recruiting for Bank Kitchen Assistants to join our Catering team at Gracewell of Chingford, a 46 bedded home which is close to Woodford tube station, Higham Park and Chingford train stations and with good bus routes close by. Our dedicated and skilled team are passionate about delivering outstanding service and care within a friendly and welcoming environment.
As a Kitchen Assistant you will assist in organising and preparing quality food under the supervision of the Cook/Chef, as well as help serving in the dining room, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness. The residents in our care home really relish meal times. Join us as a Kitchen Assistant and help make our residents very happy – all whilst developing your catering skills and enjoying some great benefits. Gracewell Healthcare are one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services and are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to help our kitchen team produce nutritious meals several times a day to ensure our residents needs are met.
Our shift patterns are 7am to 3pm or 11am to 7pm for both weekdays and weekends. If you are passionate about exceptional service there may be hours available to cover our Host in the Dining Room as and when required by the community.
The main responsibilities of the Kitchen Assistant Role are:·
- To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals to residents.
- To maintain cleanliness of kitchen and equipment, ensuring the premises are always cleaned to the highest standard, following the requirements of the cleaning schedule.
- Assist in the preparation of cold meals e.g. sandwiches and salads.
- To monitor and record all deliveries and dispatches of frozen and dry foods.
- To work as part of a team and participate is staff meetings
- To wash up after meals, ensuring all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately.
- Clean the dining areas, where appropriate.
- Experience in the catering services is beneficial although not essential.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Food handling course qualification desirable
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedules.
- To ensure statutory and Company Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- To ensure correct storage of all dry and perishable cook chill goods as soon as possible after receipt and checking.
- To ensure the correct, safe storage of cleaning materials.
- To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils and service counter containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions given by the Head Chef and/or Home Manager.
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.