About the role
We are currently reruiting for a Part Time (18 hours per week) Nights Medication Technician to join our team at Sunrise of Beaconsfield, located within walking distance of Beaconsfield Old Town and main train station in the New Town where there are excellent connections to London, High Wycombe, Oxford, Birmingham and local nearby towns. Our community is directly opposite a bus stop with regular bus routes to Slough and High Wycombe.
Our shift patterns are 8pm to 8am on a rota over weekdays and weekends. We are looking for someone who is able to work 2 shifts per week.
As an organisation we are extremely proud of the training and career development that we offer to all our team members. It’s really important for us and our residents to ensure that you to feel fully confident and comfortable in your role. All our new care team members undergo a 2 week induction programme including eLearning, commencement of your care certificate underpinning knowledge of 15 standards and practical sessions which include Memory Care Pathway, Falls documentation training, Dining experience and Allergen, Basic Care and Customer Service skills. We also arrange competency and shadow shifts as part of your training. Our Management team and Senior Care Assistants will be there every step of your career to guide and support you.
As we’re proud of being an employer of choice from April 2019 we’ve introduced our new career pay progression awards in recognition of our team members length of service and contribution . We will give you a 10p enhancement on your hourly rate after 6 months service, 20p after 12 months and 30p for 2 year’s service.
A full job description is available - a list of the main duties include:
- To act in such a manner as to promote and safeguard the interests and wellbeing of the residents
- To ensure that no action or omission is made which would be detrimental to the interests, condition or safety of the residents
- Supply and administer medicines to residents in accordance with the instructions of the prescriber as documented on the medication administration record (MAR) Make a clear, accurate and immediate record of all medicines administered, intentionally withheld or refused by the resident.
- Ensure the dignity and privacy of the resident is preserved when medicines are given. Report all concerns to the Lead Care Manager/Registered Manager or wellness Nurse.
- Ensure medication is available, fit for use and is handled correctly Assist in the Medication Ordering Process as required.
- Evidence compliance with medication policies and procedures by undertaking appropriate audits as requested.
- Review the Individualised Service Plan in the Resident Services Book
- Answer all Help and Call Bells promptly and take appropriate action
- Assist residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) as indicated on the Individualised Service Plan Provide residents with both physical and emotional support
We will be looking for the following skills and qualifications:
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Exhibits a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proven experience in long term care or assisted living or home health preferred NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- Understanding consent
- Understanding confidentiality and the principles of Data protection
- Boots e-learning MDS (Desirable or willing to undertake)
- Boots e-learning Care of Medicines Foundation Module (Desirable or willing to undertake)
- Accredited NVQ Level 2 or QCF Diploma in Medicine Administration is desirable Level 3 Training in the administration of medicines by specialised techniques is desirable Evidence of previous experience working with older people is desirable
- Evidence of good IT skills and confidence in computer based work is desirable
- Understanding the legal differences between types of drugs and the legal frame work that underpins the management of medicines is desirable
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company’s mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: “to champion quality of life for all seniors”.
In addition to 25 UK care homes, Sunrise has hundreds of other communities in the USA and Canada. Each care home offers personalised care services based on individual need. These range from basic care and help with the tasks of everyday living to more intensive nursing care in those care homes that are registered to provide nursing. Every care home includes a Reminiscence neighbourhood, dedicated to the needs of residents living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.