Is everyday special to you?
Could you make every day special for our Residents?
Can you help to implement a stimulating and engaging activities programme designed to meet individual needs?
If so, WE WANT YOU to be our next Activities Assistant!
Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Activities Assistant is one of the key roles within our communities. As an Activities Assistant you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day activities and programs for a Sunrise Senior Living community. You will assist and lead volunteer-based activities and programs that enrich the lives of the residents. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As an Activities Assistant you will maintain relationships with local schools, businesses and social organisations in maintaining an active network of volunteers and community resources. You will maintain a monthly calendar of activities and events that provide a variety of resident and family centred experiences.
You will also be relied on to drive the residents in our Mini Bus, please apply to hear more
Patient, caring and compassionate, you will be capable of thinking on your feet whilst motivating volunteers and inspiring others with your cheerful personality.
- Proven related experience preferably with the elderly.
- Proven ability to train and motivate others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) with the ability to learn new applications.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and facilitate small group presentations
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable, with strong organisational skills with the ability to coordinate and plan
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company’s mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: “to champion quality of life for all seniors”.