About the role
We are currently recruiting for part time Activities Assistant (16 hours per week) to join our team at Gracewell of Maids Moreton. These hours will be on rota basis to deliver our activities programme under the guidance of our Activities Organiser..
Working as part of a highly committed team the Activities Assistant is one of the key roles within our communities. As an Activities Assistant you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day activities and programs for a Gracewell home. You will assist and lead volunteer based activities and programs that enrich the lives of the residents. We pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As an Activities Assistant you will maintain relationships with local schools, businesses and social organisations in maintaining an active network of volunteers and community resources. You will maintain a monthly calendar of activities and events that provide a variety of resident and family centred experiences.
Is everyday special to you? Could you make every day special for our Residents? Can you help to implement a stimulating and engaging activities programme designed to meet individual needs? Patient, caring and compassionate, you will be capable of thinking on your feet whilst motivating volunteers and inspiring others with your cheerful personality.
- Proven related experience preferably in a senior living environment.
- Proven ability to train and motivate volunteers and fellow team members to provide the best in quality activity programming.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) with the ability to learn new applications.
- As an Activities Assistant, you will also be required to make small group presentations and take the lead in orienting and training all volunteers.
- Experience preferred in volunteer recruitment, coordination and training
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and facilitate small group presentations
- Ability to lead and motivate people to become involved in social events and various activities
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in organisational skills with the ability to coordinate and plan
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.