About the role
We're looking to recruit for an Activities Assistant to join us at Gracewell of Woking, who will be able to assist in the creation and delivery of an engaging activities and volunteer programme for our residents.
As an Activities Assistant you will work with the Activities Coordinator to develop a programme of activities and events that provide a variety of resident and family centred experiences all of which will promote independence, choice and dignity for our residents You will to get to know our residents, their interests and life stories, so you can deliver events that truly enrich their lives and ensure they feel connected with their community
A good knowledge base of Care homes is required and a desire for working with seniors is essential, but an outgoing personality with good communication and organisational skills are vital.
Is everyday special to you? Could you make every day special for our Residents? Can you help to implement a stimulating and engaging activities programme designed to meet individual needs? Patient, caring and compassionate, you will be capable of thinking on your feet whilst motivating volunteers and inspiring others with your cheerful personality.
- Proven experience preferred in care
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and facilitate small group presentations
- Ability to motivate people to become involved in social events and various activities
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in organisational skills with the ability to coordinate and plan
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday including Bank holidays (pro rata)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.