Sunrise of Mobberley are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Activities Team Leader/ Organiser to join the team on a 12 month FTC.
This is an exciting opportunity to take lead of enriching the lives of our residents by leading and planning activities for our residents to enjoy. We pride ourselves on tailoring our activities to what the residents are actually interested in and so you will be working with a team of assistants to deliver planned activities across the week.
This is an opportunity to join our team during a period of growth.
About the role
Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Activities Leader/ Organiser is one of the key roles within our communities. As an Activities Leader/ Organiser you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day activities and programs for the Sunrise Community.
You will assist and lead activities and programs that enrich the lives of our residents. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families.
As an Activities Leader/ Organiser you will maintain relationships with local schools, businesses and social organisations in maintaining an active network of volunteers and community resources to assist with planning the activities programme. You will maintain a monthly calendar of activities and events that provide a variety of resident and family centred experiences.
Is everyday special to you? Could you make every day special for our Residents? Can you help to implement a stimulating and engaging activities programme designed to meet individual needs? Patient, caring and compassionate, you will be capable of thinking on your feet whilst motivating volunteers and inspiring others with your cheerful personality.
- Proven ability to train and motivate volunteers and fellow team members to provide the best in quality activity programming.
- Ability to lead and motivate people to become involved in social events and various activities
- Competent in organisational skills with the ability to coordinate and plan
- Demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) with the ability to learn new applications.
- As an Activities Coordinator, you will also be required to make small group presentations and take the lead in orienting and training all volunteers.
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free Uniform
- Free DBS Checks – paid by us
- Company sick pay
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend incentive – Earn up to £250 per referral!
- Employee Assistance programme
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company’s mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: “to champion quality of life for all seniors”