About the role
Reporting to the Head Chef, the Hospitality Assistant links the kitchen team to the care team by delivering a professional dining experience to our residents
As a Hospitality Assistant, you’ll be making every day special to our Gracewell residents, and the Dining experience is an integral part of this each day. Our residents tell us that the hospitality assistant contribute to a positive Dining experience as follows:
- A warm, inviting dining room atmosphere
- Timely greeting, seating and delivery of menu items by care team to Residents
- Tables set professionally and with care
- Clear understanding of menu items for service
- Peace of mind that food is prepared in a safe and ‘Clean’ way
You’ll help improve service levels for Residents by:
- Providing hospitality, dining and table services to residents in dining rooms and designated areas in accordance with Gracewell Healthcare standards
- Serving as a role model in providing dining service, and assisting with the training of care managers
- Monitoring appropriate checklists in support of dining room cleanliness and readiness standards
- Handling all food and beverages in accordance with food safety procedures and standards
- Experience in the catering services is beneficial although not essential.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Possess good judgement, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Food handling course qualification desirable
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.