About the role
Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Dining Assistant is one of the fundamental roles within our communities. As Dining Assistant, you will put the resident’s nutritional health and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
The Dining Assistant is responsible for enhancing the dining experience of our residents by encouraging social interaction between residents and providing great customer service. The Dining Assistant will ensure the dining room is set up prior to all meal times, monitor appropriate checklists in support of the dining area cleanliness and assist in keeping the Bistro area replenished always. You will also be required to assist with special events held within the home.
- Level 2 in Food Hygiene (or willingness to undertake the qualification within 12 weeks)
- Experience in the catering services is beneficial although not essential
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Possess good judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the business needs
- Effective time keeping and time management
- Waiting / serving experience
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company’s mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: “to champion quality of life for all seniors”.
In addition to 25 UK care homes, Sunrise has hundreds of other communities in the USA and Canada. Each care home offers personalised care services based on individual need. These range from basic care and help with the tasks of everyday living to more intensive nursing care in those care homes that are registered to provide nursing. Every care home includes a Reminiscence neighbourhood, dedicated to the needs of residents living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.