About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager to join our team at Gracewell of Ascot near Bracknell.
The role of Deputy Care Home Manager is to manage all the aspects of the home in the absence of the Home Manager.
As a Deputy Care Home Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that through clinical governance and leadership the care, health and safety of all residents is effectively assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated.
The Deputy Care Home Manager is an inspirational leader, who has the ability to motivate, engage, and exercise leadership throughout the team with an open communication style. The Deputy Care Home Manager is able to achieve a high standard of clinical care by auditing, analysing trends and directing the care team to deliver results. A key to success in this role is the ability to communicate with ease to the Care Quality Commission, Social services and the Safeguarding teams and the ability to build a reputation of high quality care delivery for the community.
- To manage all aspects of the home in the absence of the Home Manager.
- To maintain excellent clinical performance and health & safety standards.
- To support the maintenance of a positive reputation for the Home in the local community.
- To support the attainment of budgeted financial performance; maximising fee levels and exercising sound cost management across the Home.
- To help build and maintain a well-motivated and engaged workforce.
- To perform direct nursing duties on a basis agreed with the Home Manager in accordance with contractual arrangements.
- Valid RGN or RMN NMC Pin Code
- Proven post-qualification Practice in a health and social care setting with older people
- Previous experience of leading a team
- Great written and verbal skills for communication and understanding
- Good IT skills and confidence in computer based work
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.