About the role
The Maintenance Assistant will support and assist the Maintenance Coordinator in maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for the residents and ensuring the smooth running of its facilities. This involves contractor liaison and maintenance compliance tasks as directed. These systems include but are not exclusive to: plumbing, HVAC, electrical, resident emergency systems, equipment repairs and interior/exterior finishes. The Maintenance Assistant will also support in covering all emergencies relating to the fabric of the home or systems contained within the building.
The Maintenance Assistant will also support in ensuring rooms are prepared for new residents, including maintenance and painting and assisting with move- ins/move-outs.
- Have a good understanding of basic building/maintenance trades
- Possesses a background knowledge of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical and fire safety systems
- Be able to communicate both written and verbal communication using the English language
- Demonstrate good judgement, problem solving and decision making skills
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives