Rewarding in every way
Make a real difference to the lives of our residents and build the skills for a rewarding career in care.
About the role
We’re looking for an Activities Co-ordinator to join our team at Gracewell of Church Crookham near Fleet and help run a varied activities programme for our residents. It’ll be your job to make sure our programme runs smoothly, involving the residents, their families and other team members to make sure each and every activity is a success. It’s about being enthusiastic and creative, making the residents feel included but also stimulated and challenged. On top of this, you’ll be supported by our dedicated activities team and receive great benefits and our exceptional facilities.
You’ll also help communicate upcoming activities to residents and volunteers, so everyone is on the same page. When it comes to trips and outings, you’ll be responsible for the residents’ safety and wellbeing. Above all, you’ll play a key part in helping our residents retain a sense of purpose and self-worth, bringing joy to their lives in an environment of safety, trust and respect.
We’re looking for people who are active, energetic and passionate about helping others. You’ll want to go above and beyond to help our residents’ life live to the full while underpinning everything you do with a safe, responsible approach.
For this role, successful candidates will have:
- Experience of supporting, organising and scheduling programmes of events or activities
- Great organisation skills, listening skills, good written, non-verbal and verbal communication skills
- The ability to lead and motivate volunteers
- Knowledge of safety regulations and quality assurance
- Previous experience working within a care home and with older people is desirable
Why should you work for us?
As well as competitive salaries we offer some great benefits including:
- 28 days holiday
- Ongoing career training and development
- A fantastic range of discounts and offers on from many high street/ online retailers
- Workplace Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Recognising great work through our ‘Heart & Soul’ awards scheme
- Wellbeing services, financial loans and more.
We’re also committed to helping you progress and grow, with regular training and supervision, development opportunities and study support. If you want to build a successful career in care, we’re the best place to start.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at a Gracewell care home click here
How to apply:
If this sounds like a job for you, and you are interested in applying for this vacancy we would like to hear from you, please click the ‘apply now’ button and one of our team will be in contact with you very soon.