About the role
The Head Chef is responsible for dining operations in the home adhering to Gracewell policies and procedures. You will report to the Home Manager with responsibility for procurement, preparation and service of food per Gracewell Menu Programme.
Your experience will demonstrate financial management of food and dining services and being able to maintain labour costs and manage supplies to budget control expectation.
The Head Chef is responsible for recruitment of all catering staff, leading, supervising and coaching team members identifying any training need requirements. You will deliver a seamless food service ensuring safe food handling at all times for the prevention of food borne illnesses and sanitation cleanliness of all food service areas. Other administration duties will include accurate record keeping, inventory and rotation management of products for regulatory compliance ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen at all times.
- Proven experience in similar role as a Head Chef / Catering Manager with hands on experience
- Possess 706/1 706/2 or equivalent NVQ qualifications
- Possess intermediate food hygiene certificate
- Possess knowledge of nutrition and therapeutic diets
- Supervisory and management experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles and interests
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to facilitate small group presentations
- Competent in organisational, time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) and Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience in creative menu writing desirable
- Ability to train kitchen staff in all area
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.