About the role
We are currently recruiting for a part time Mini Bus Driver to join our team at Sunrise of Virginia Water. The hours will be 20 hours per week however these will be worked as full time hours on alternate weeks. The shift times will be 9.30am to 6pm.
The Mini Bus Driver is responsible for providing a safe and courteous transportation service for residents to and from various activities. We are looking for someone who is also willing to do indoor activities with our residents when the weather restricts outings in our mini bus.
Reporting to the Activities Manager, the Mini Bus Driver will ensure passengers comply with the Health & Safety instructions and provide risk assessments for the safe operation of community vehicles. You will maintain paperwork and daily log records to ensure the vehicle is in good working condition to include monthly and pre-trip vehicle inspections. Your friendly and vibrant personality will nurture positive relationships with our residents providing an enthusiastic and rewarding journey experience.
- Must have a PCV license with Cat D1 and acceptable driving record
- Arrange periodic Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) training as required
- Must be knowledgeable of all safety precautions and comply with safety procedures
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Ability to operate a chair lift and secure regular and mechanical wheelchairs and scooters
- Due to our insurance , you need to be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all community procedures and guidelines and using good judgment and common sense, and have the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrate initiative
- Able to make responsible choices and decisions and act in a resident’s best interest
- Exhibits a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company’s mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: “to champion quality of life for all seniors”.
In addition to 25 UK care homes, Sunrise has hundreds of other communities in the USA and Canada. Each care home offers personalised care services based on individual need. These range from basic care and help with the tasks of everyday living to more intensive nursing care in those care homes that are registered to provide nursing. Every care home includes a Reminiscence neighbourhood, dedicated to the needs of residents living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.