About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Dining Services Manager / Head Chef to join our team at Sunrise of Chorleywood near Rickmansworth. The Dining Services Manager is responsible for dining operations in the home adhering to Sunrise policies and procedures. You will report to the General Home Manager with responsibility for procurement, preparation and service of food per Sunrise Menu Programme. Your experience will demonstrate financial management of food and dining services and being able to maintain labour costs and manage supplies to budget control expectation.
The Dining Services Manager is responsible for recruitment of all catering staff, leading, supervising and coaching team members identifying any training need requirements. You will deliver a seamless food service ensuring safe food handling at all times for the prevention of food borne illnesses and sanitation cleanliness of all food service areas. Other administration duties will include accurate record keeping, inventory and rotation management of products for regulatory compliance ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen at all times.
Essential Key Duties:
- Proven experience in similar role as a Head Chef / Catering Manager with hands on experience
- Possess 706/1 706/2 or equivalent NVQ qualifications
- Possess intermediate food hygiene certificate
- Possess knowledge of nutrition and therapeutic diets
- Supervisory and management experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles and interests
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to facilitate small group presentations
- Competent in organisational, time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) and Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience in creative menu writing desirable
- Ability to train kitchen staff in all areas
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company’s mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: “to champion quality of life for all seniors”.
In addition to 25 UK care homes, Sunrise has hundreds of other communities in the USA and Canada. Each care home offers personalised care services based on individual need. These range from basic care and help with the tasks of everyday living to more intensive nursing care in those care homes that are registered to provide nursing. Every care home includes a Reminiscence neighbourhood, dedicated to the needs of residents living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.