About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Memory Care Manager to join our team at Gracewell of Church Crookham. The Memory Care Manager, reporting to the Head of Care is responsible for the management of memory care within the community to ensure consistent high quality of memory care is delivered to our residents and to enhance the implementation of best practice and clinical governance.
The Memory Care Manager will direct the overall operation of memory care in accordance with CQC regulations and Gracewell standards and guidelines. You will relish the opportunity of leading a collaborative Nursing and Care Staff Team to deliver an excellent care service and support the care assessment process. Your clinical expertise will be beneficial in formalizing bespoke Individual Care Service Plans and risk assessment evaluation, whilst your experience will be able to determine the level of care needed together with appropriate staffing levels in place to support residents.
You will be able to develop and implement memory care activities to further enrich the lives of residents with cognitive impairments
What do you get in return?
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
What are we looking for?
The Memory Care Manager will demonstrate excellent people management skills ensuring all relevant team members receive appropriate induction, training, supervisions to provide exceptional memory care. The successful candidate will also have experience with undertaking quality audits to CQC standards, and supporting with the implementation of improvement measures, as well as proven experience in the design and implementation of memory care models or activities used to enrich the lives of residents with cognitive impairments
With strong communication skills you will be instrumental in developing solid relationships with residents and family members to enhance the wellbeing of our residents in their home environment.
- A professional qualification such as a Level 5 Diploma or Degree in Dementia Care, or a Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Proven experience in long term Elderly Care
- A detailed theoretical and practical knowledge of care plans and advanced care plans in respect of end of life care.
- Evidence of supervisory leadership and management experience.
- Knowledge and experience of adult abuse and managing safeguarding referrals.
- Knowledge of care standards aligned to National Regulation and experience of the CQC registration & inspection process
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, including legislation
- Evidence of good IT skills (proficient in Windows, Outlook and Excel)
- Evidence of good written and verbal skills for communication and understanding
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.