Be the difference in their day
Join our home and provide the very best care to our residents. Build your skills and receive great benefits.
We are currently recruiting for a Dementia Care Manager to join our team at Sunrise of Chorleywood near Rickmansworth.
About the role
The Dementia Care Manager is responsible for the management of dementia care ensuring a consistent high quality of care is delivered to our residents.
As Dementia Care Manager you will lead our dementia care team in delivering excellent care and manage the care assessment process. Your clinical expertise will be beneficial in formalising bespoke individual care plans and risk assessment evaluation. You will deliver our dementia programme working alongside the Activities Manager designing, scheduling and facilitating a programme and focusing on creating a range of activities appropriate for residents who have dementia.
Financial control will be paramount in managing and organising the department budget and will be the Dementia Care Manager’s responsibility for its impact on home profitability. With strong communication skills you will be instrumental in developing solid, trusted relationships with residents and family members that enhance the wellbeing of our residents in their home environment.
We’re looking for caring, compassionate individuals who can manage a team, solve problems, show good judgement and communicate with all sorts of people.
For this role, successful candidates will have:
- NVQ 4 or 5 / QCF 5 in Health and Social care with proven experience in Residential or Non Nursing care.
- NVQ /QCF level 2 or 3 in Dementia Care
- Proven experience in long term elderly care with a sound understanding of dementia care.
- A detailed theoretical and practical knowledge of care plans and advanced care plans in respect of end of life care.
- Evidence of supervisory leadership and management experience.
- Knowledge and experience of adult abuse and managing safeguarding referrals.
- Knowledge of care standards aligned to National Regulation and experience of the CQC registration & inspection process
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, including legislation
- Evidence of good IT skills (proficient in Windows, Outlook and Excel)
- Evidence of good written and verbal skills for communication and understanding
Why should you work for us?
As well as competitive salaries we offer some great benefits including:
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Workplace Pension
- Private medical insurance
- Ongoing career training and development
- A fantastic range of discounts and offers from many high street/ online retailers
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Recognising great work through our ‘Heart & Soul’ awards scheme
- Wellbeing services, financial loans and more
- Long service awards
We’re also committed to helping you progress and grow, with regular training, development opportunities and study support. If you want to build a successful career in care, we’re the best place to start.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at a Sunrise care home click here
How to apply:
If this sounds like a job for you, and you are interested in applying for this vacancy we would like to hear from you, please click the ‘apply now’ button and one of our team will be in contact with you very soon.