About The Role
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Wellbeing Assistant to join our team at Sunrise of Fleet, Hampshire.. This is a part time role (21 hours per week) - our shifts include 7am to 2.30pm and 2pm to 9.30pm over weekdays and weekends. Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Senior Wellbeing Assistant is one of the fundamental roles within our communities. As Senior Wellbeing Assistant you will put the residents care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As Senior Wellbeing Assistant you will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed. As Senior Wellbeing Assistant you will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift, you will assign specific tasks to the care assistants and monitor their completion. You will develop, review and update the resident’s personal care plan to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs. You will promote high standards of care by ensuring all team members are trained and supervised appropriately and you will communicate professionally and warmly with visitors and family members, and other health care professionals.
You will be assisting the Care Coordinator on projects around wound care, nutrition, infection control, medication management & auditing care plan etc... You will assist with completing rotas/ allocations/ meeting with families/ completing resident assessments and taking part in leading family meetings. As a senior Wellbeing Care Assistant, you will be overseeing the current Senior Care team and managing the smooth running of each shift. This will include being a mentor and coach for care team and having a hands on approach for best practice and developing them to providing personalised care to our residents.
Our strength lies in the quality of our care and in turn the people we employ to deliver that care.
Key things about you;
- Minimum NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care qualification with relevant experience in a Senior Care Assistant role.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- You will be required to participate in the Duty Manager rota to support the community, this includes weekends
- Working within a team - Must be able to lead and support large teams
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Support GP rounds, doctors, external health professionals, Local authority etc.
- Exhibits a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Ability to work flexible hours - including weekends
- Support Head of Department with Wellbeing duties such as weekly, monthly wellness reviews for the residents.
- knowledge of care levels/changing care levels - be comfortable to hold and meet with families
- Medication administration training/ understanding medication management.
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
Why should you work for us?
As well as a competitive salary we offer some great benefits including:
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Workplace Pension
- Ongoing career training and development
- A fantastic range of discounts and offers from many high street/ online retailers
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Recognising great work through our ‘Heart & Soul’ awards scheme
- Wellbeing services, financial loans and more
- Long service awards
We’re also committed to helping you progress and grow, with regular training, development opportunities and study support. If you want to build a successful career in care, we’re the best place to start.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at a Sunrise care home click here
How to apply:
If this sounds like a job for you, and you are interested in applying for this vacancy we would like to hear from you, please click the ‘apply now’ button and one of our team will be in contact with you very soon.
Salary is dependent on experience.