About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant to join our team at Gracewell of Church Crookham. Our shift times are 7.30am to 6.30pm, 7.30am to 3.30pm and 11am to 7pm across weekdays and weekends. As a Kitchen Assistant you will assist in organising and preparing quality food under the supervision of the Cook/Chef, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness. The residents in our care home really relish meal times. Join us as a Kitchen Assistant and help make our residents very happy – all whilst developing your catering skills and enjoying some great benefits. Gracewell Healthcare are one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services and are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to help our kitchen team produce nutritious meals several times a day to ensure our residents needs are met.
The main responsibilities of the Kitchen Assistant Role are:·
- To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals to residents.
- To maintain cleanliness of kitchen and equipment, ensuring the premises are always cleaned to the highest standard, following the requirements of the cleaning schedule.
- Assist in the preparation of cold meals e.g. sandwiches and salads.
- To monitor and record all deliveries and dispatches of frozen and dry foods.
- To work as part of a team and participate is staff meetings
- To wash up after meals, ensuring all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately.
- Clean the dining areas, where appropriate.
- Experience in the catering services is beneficial although not essential.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Food handling course qualification desirable
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedules.
- To ensure statutory and Company Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- To ensure correct storage of all dry and perishable cook chill goods as soon as possible after receipt and checking.
- To ensure the correct, safe storage of cleaning materials.
- To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils and service counter containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions given by the Head Chef and/or Home Manager.
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.