About the role
Are you looking for a new challenge? We are currently recruiting for a Dementia Care Manager to join our amazing and dedicated team at Sunrise of Virginia Water to lead our Dementia neighbourhood. Sunrise of Virginia Water is located within a few minutes walk from Virginia Water main train station with regular trains to Reading, Weybridge and London Waterloo. Local buses from Staines (via Egham) also stop within five minutes of the community.
If you have previous leadership experience and have worked within long term Elderly care and have a sound understanding of Dementia Care then we would love to hear from you.
The Dementia Care Manager reporting to the Deputy Manager is responsible for the management of the Dementia Department ensuring consistent high quality of care is delivered to our residents. The Dementia Care Manager will direct the overall operation of the department in accordance with CQC regulations and Sunrise standards and guidelines.
You will relish the opportunity of leading a collaborative Dementia Care Staff Team to deliver an excellent care service and manage the care assessment process. Your clinical expertise will be beneficial in formalizing bespoke Individual Care Service Plans and risk assessment evaluation, whilst your experience will be able to determine the level of care needed together with appropriate staffing levels in place to support residents.
As the Dementia Care Manager you will be the champion for the Dementia programme working alongside the Activities Manager designing, scheduling and facilitating a programme incorporating Life Skills and focusing on creating pleasant days with a range of activities appropriate for residents who have dementia.
The Dementia Care Manager will demonstrate excellent people management skills ensuring all Dementia staff team members receive appropriate induction, training, supervisions and will manage the performance of team members with regular reviews and staff appraisals.
Financial control will be paramount in managing and organising the department budget to include labour resource planning and other expenses and will be assumed your responsibility for its impact on the home profitability. With strong communication skills you will be instrumental in developing solid relationships with residents and family members to enhance the wellbeing of our residents in their home environment.
- NVQ 4 or 5 / QCF 5 in Health and Social care with proven experience in Residential or Non Nursing care.
- NVQ /QCF level 2 or 3 in Dementia Care
- Proven experience in long term Elderly Care with a sound understanding of Dementia Care.
- A detailed theoretical and practical knowledge of care plans and advanced care plans in respect of end of life care.
- Evidence of supervisory leadership and management experience.
- Knowledge and experience of adult abuse and managing safeguarding referrals.
- Knowledge of care standards aligned to National Regulation and experience of the CQC registration & inspection process
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, including legislation
- Evidence of good IT skills (proficient in Windows, Outlook and Excel)
- Evidence of good written and verbal skills for communication and understanding
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company’s mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: “to champion quality of life for all seniors”.
In addition to 25 UK care homes, Sunrise has hundreds of other communities in the USA and Canada. Each care home offers personalised care services based on individual need. These range from basic care and help with the tasks of everyday living to more intensive nursing care in those care homes that are registered to provide nursing. Every care home includes a Reminiscence neighbourhood, dedicated to the needs of residents living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia