About the role
Working as part of a highly committed team the Senior Care Assistant is one of the fundamental roles within our communities. As Senior Care Assistant you will put the residents care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. We pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As Senior Care Assistant you will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed. As Senior Care Assistant you will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift, you will assign specific tasks to the care assistants and monitor their completion.
You will develop, review and update the residents personal care plan to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs. You will promote high standards of care by ensuring all team members are trained and supervised appropriately and you will communicate professionally and warmly with visitors family members, and other health care professionals.
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- Proven experience in long term care or assisted living or home health preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Exhibits a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
All Gracewell homes provide high quality care in a luxury and welcoming environment, personalised for every resident. Our dedicated and compassionate care teams and trained nurses provide 24/7 onsite, residential care, nursing care, dementia care and respite care, in intimate and modern surroundings.
We aim to create the best possible home, where residents can live the happiest and most fulfilling lives.
Gracewell is the number one provider of nursing care in the UK with 100% of all inspected Gracewell nursing homes rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the independent regulator of care services in England.