About the Role
The Clinical Nurse Manager, reporting to the Head of Care is responsible for the management of nursing care within the community to ensure consistent high quality of nursing care is delivered to our residents and to enhance the implementation of best practice and clinical governance.
The Clinical Nurse Manager will direct the overall operation of the nursing care in accordance with CQC regulations and Sunrise standards and guidelines. You will relish the opportunity of leading a collaborative Nursing and Care Staff Team to deliver an excellent care service and manage the care assessment process. Your clinical expertise will be beneficial in formalizing bespoke Individual Care Service Plans and risk assessment evaluation, whilst your experience will be able to determine the level of care needed together with appropriate staffing levels in place to support residents.
What do you get in return?
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
What are we looking for?
The Clinical Nursing Manager will demonstrate excellent people management skills ensuring all relevant team members receive appropriate induction, training, supervisions and will manage the performance of team members with regular reviews and staff appraisals. They will ensure the effective management of medication including ordering, storage and administration, and ensure that equipment is appropriately maintained and managed. The successful candidate will also have experience with undertaking quality audits to CQC standards, and supporting with the implementation of improvement measures.
With strong communication skills you will be instrumental in developing solid relationships with residents and family members to enhance the wellbeing of our residents in their home environment.
- Qualified Registered Nurse with 4 years post registration experience, including 2 years within a care setting
- NVQ 4 or 5 / QCF 5 in Health and Social care with proven experience
- Proven experience in long term Elderly Care
- A detailed theoretical and practical knowledge of care plans and advanced care plans in respect of end of life care.
- Evidence of supervisory leadership and management experience.
- Knowledge and experience of adult abuse and managing safeguarding referrals.
- Knowledge of care standards aligned to National Regulation and experience of the CQC registration & inspection process
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, including legislation
- Evidence of good IT skills (proficient in Windows, Outlook and Excel)
- Evidence of good written and verbal skills for communication and understanding
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company’s mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: “to champion quality of life for all seniors”.