You care for them, we’ll care for you
Join our home and provide the very best care to our residents. Build your skills and receive great benefits. We are currently recruiting for a Senior Wellbeing Care Assistant to join our team at Sunrise of Edgbaston, near Birmingham.This role is to continue to build high care standards in the home for our residents.
About the role
Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Senior Wellbeing Assistant is one of the fundamental roles within our communities. As Senior Wellbeing Assistant you will put the residents care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As Senior Wellbeing Assistant you will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed. As Senior Wellbeing Assistant you will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift, you will assign specific tasks to the care assistants and monitor their completion. You will develop, review and update the resident’s personal care plan to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs. You will promote high standards of care by ensuring all team members are trained and supervised appropriately and you will communicate professionally and warmly with visitors and family members, and other health care professionals.
We’re looking for caring, compassionate individuals who can manage a team, solve problems, show good judgement and communicate with all sorts of people.
For this role, successful candidates will have:
• Minimum NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care qualification with relevant experience working in a similar Senior Care Assistant role.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• You will be required to participate in the Duty Manager rota to support the community, this includes weekends
• Working within a team - Must be able to lead and support large teams
• Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
• Support GP rounds, doctors, external health professionals, Local authority etc.
• Exhibits a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Support Head of Department with Wellbeing duties such as weekly, monthly wellness reviews for the residents.
• Knowledge of care levels/changing care levels - be comfortable to hold and meet with families
• Medication administration training/ understanding medication management.
• Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
Why should you work for us?
As well as a competitive salary we offer some great benefits including:
• 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
• Workplace Pension
• Ongoing career training and development
• A fantastic range of discounts and offers from many high street/ online retailers
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Recognising great work through our ‘Heart & Soul’ awards scheme
• Wellbeing services, financial loans and more
• Long service awards
We’re also committed to helping you progress and grow, with regular training, development opportunities and study support. If you want to build a successful career in care, we’re the best place to start.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at a Sunrise care home click here
How to apply:
If this sounds like a job for you, and you are interested in applying for this vacancy we would like to hear from you, please click the ‘apply now’ button and one of our team will be in contact with you very soon.
Salary is dependent on experience.