Working within the Lab in our office in Camberley you will be responsible for the testing, installing and processing of all customer equipment that comes through the site. You will work within a skilled team to ensure we deliver the best possible service to our customers.
You will travel to customer sites to install equipment and ensure that all the equipment is free from any faults or issues. Within this role you will work within an On Call rota to ensure our customers are supported at all times and become part of a committed and technical team that strives to provide the best service.
- Customer installation and commissioning work
- Testing & processing of our maintenance equipment
- Participation in a 24x7 Break fix call out rota to support to our customers
- Work closely with engineering teams and project managers to ensure all work required from the department is carried out within allocated time and to the required standard.
- Preparation of equipment for site visits to provide equipment suitably prepared in line with the relevant process.
- Site visit response against agreed contract levels to maintain high levels of customer confidence and satisfaction by achieving resolution within the requirements. On-site Installation work, including projects and international requests to deliver 1st time installations by following work method detail and H&S guidelines as provided.
- Testing and raising Return to Manufacturer Authorisation (RMA) for faulty items and testing replacements upon receipt from manufacturer to determine the correct operation of the equipment before parts are sent for repair or restocked throughout the UK.
- Update and document all lab equipment and cabling, rebuild racks with any equipment that required for daily testing, provide config, for all devices so that the lab is one network and is manageable from anywhere.
- Refresh and updating of all test procedures to aid ease of testing.
- Pre-stage preparation by providing assistance for demo and lab equipment, provisioning for fault scenarios and project pre-stage preparation to ensure network design and to meet the specified requirements as agreed between the customer and telent.
- Handling and protection of telent information and reporting of security incidents.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 1 year industry experience.
- Analytical problem solving
- Cisco CCNA / Juniper JNCIA desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Technical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Please note this vacancy is also being advertised externally and the closing date may be brought forward if a suitable candidate is found.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.