telent Senior Project Manager, Bristol, (6 Month FTC)
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
With current annual revenues of £399M, 2,200 employees and 50 operational locations across the UK and Ireland, we are a leading technology company which designs and delivers solutions and services for organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT, mission critical communications networks and operational systems, vital in the effective operation of the nation’s infrastructure.
To provide leadership and take ownership of project(s) on behalf of tIS by
Maintaining Company standards, whilst respecting and reflecting the abilities and aspirations of the project team (both tIS people and delivery partners)
Acting as the ‘face of tIS’ to the client, both in the tender and delivery process
Key Objectives of Role
- Ensure that the client fully understands the skills that they are procuring by taking a lead role in the Work Winning effort that will secure the contract
- Proactively managing any potential or actual risks to the project delivery to ensure that it achieves its targets around time, quality, safety, customer service and commercial value
- In line with tIS Values and Sustainability agenda, to determine and deliver the appropriate quality and style for the project(s), and thus ensure that the reputation of tIS is enhanced with the local community, delivery partners and, most of all, the client.
- To have overall responsibility to ensure that everyone on site, including his/her team, are working in accord with tIS ‘Health & Safety Strategy.
- To take the lead in ensuring the effective management of performance, training and budgets, to ensure that the project is cash-positive, well co-ordinated and runs in accord with the agreed contract programme
- Provides input to the development of the Business Unit plan with planning horizons typically up to 3 years
- Directs activities to support operational delivery and growth
- Operates independently within working parameters set by Business Group SMT or Head of Function
- Establishes and maintains key client and sector relationships and ensures client expectations are managed
- Assisting managing Health and Safety policy and standards
- Determines priorities and makes decisions of business unit impact
- Accountable for financial performance and risk management
- Responsible for compliance to Corporate Governance standards
- Ensuring compliance with tIS financial policy and standards
- Typically involved in setting budgets and works within budgetary guidelines and ensures compliance
- Promotes innovative ways to add value and reduce costs within the team.
- Overall people responsibility for a defined area or set of contracts
- Ensures compliance with reward strategy and HR policy and procedures
- Determines resource requirements and allocates appropriate resource
- Identifies people related risks and suggests solutions
We’d be delighted to hear from you if you have the following skills/experience:
- Possesses deep knowledge of one complex functional or business area
- Significant track record of success in managing a business contract, Business Unit or region and/or providing support to a professional function
- Aware of the trends in the market-place and seeks to deepen knowledge of industry issues and drivers
- Subject to functional policy objectives and/or general business direction, the Job Holder will work within broadly defined policies and objectives.
- He/She will demonstrate a detailed grasp of involved practices and procedures and will normally possess either an appropriate professional, or academic qualification.
- Likely to have in excess of 5 years managerial and/or technical experience.
- Prince 2 Project Management or equivalent desired
- Has a good head for business
- Thinks and looks several steps ahead
- Makes relationships work
- Is great to work with
- Is self aware and never stops learning
- Expects more from themselves than anyone else
- Manages complex projects with ease
- Leads others through the good times and the tough times
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.