Are you looking to join a collaborative team who work with some of the latest technologies? Telent have an exciting opportunity for an Automated tester to join their in-house Software development team!
Who is telent?
- telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the rail sectors including London Underground, Network Rail and Transport for London providing maintenance and management of our customers assets to ensure continued and reliable service is maintained for their critical communications infrastructure.
What will you be responsible for?
Within the telent Transport business, the software group develops key applications for use by our customers. The role is specifically within an agile sub-team in the software group that primarily works on R&D projects, developing proof of concepts that become the basis of software products. Essentially everything we do is greenfield.
- You (along with the developers) will be responsible for the quality of the delivered software.
- You’ll act as a gatekeeper for the repositories and facilitate the releases with the DevOps engineer.
- The ideal candidate will be very articulate in their work and have great attention to detail.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of end-to-end and unit tests.
The successful candidate will be a team player, good customer focus, an openness to learning new skills and technologies, adheres to best practices.
What experience is telent looking for?
telent are looking for suitable candidate who have considerable knowledge of quality assurance theory and methods.
- Team Foundation Server and Git
- Rest APIs
- Selenium C♯
- SQL (or MySQL or Sqlite)
- Understanding of GDPR, data security and penetration testing.
- Working knowledge of agile frameworks, primarily SCRUM.
Minimum degree classification of 2.1 in a software/engineering (or related) discipline or relevant experience.
Location and the benefits of working for telent:
- You will be working from our head office in Warwick (free parking available)
- telent is not just about offering competitive reward packages, we are committed to personal and professional development, career and succession planning and striving to be the best we can be. We offer 33 days holidays (includes public holidays), company pension scheme, telent rewards (discounts to major retailers and cinema tickets) and a range of family friendly policies.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.