telent- Environmental Manager- Transport
Are you an accomplished environmental and sustainability professional looking to take the next step in your career? telent is looking for an Environmental Manager to join their Transport team in our head office in Warwick. Working within the SHEQ team you’ll play a major part in advising and developing the culture within the Transport team at telent.
Who is telent?
telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the rail sectors including London Underground, Network Rail and Transport for London providing maintenance and management of our customers assets to ensure continued and reliable service is maintained for their critical communications infrastructure.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing advice for the development and maintenance of key contracts and Environmental Management & Sustainability Action Plans
- Carrying out regular reviews of progress and performance for key Environmental Impacts and Aspects
- Carrying out compliance inspections and audits in line with internal Audit plans
- Embedding the ISO14001 compliant environmental management system within the Business unit, supporting implementation across new contracts and business areas. You’ll also assist in the production of business procedures and practices in relation to environmental & sustainability efforts and targets
- Delivering environmental briefings to support business development needs
- Providing tactical and strategic environmental support to the Transport organisation
- Providing sustainability support and advice to the Transport organisation
- Assisting the bid team with competent tender responses and advice
What do you need to apply?
- Previous experience of providing sustainability and environmental advice in the transport and construction sectors
- Previous experience of delivering tangible reductions in the impact of equipment and infrastructure on the environment through all stages of the product lifecycle
- Previous experience of biodiversity issues and management
- You’ll hold ISO14001:2015 environmental auditor
- Appropriate professional members, e.g. full IEMA membership
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.