telent Security Risk Advisor, Camberley (Permanent)
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
With current annual revenues in excess of £400M and 2,400 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
We design, deliver and support solutions and serviceswhich endable organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT and communication and networks.
- Create and execute effective surveillance (internal and external) audits and reviews to assess information security risk management and compliance with regulatory obligations, relevant accreditations and company policies and procedures in line with ISO27001:2013 requirements.
- Where applicable direct and guide other internal auditors in terms of Security accreditations and liaise with key stakeholders to enable ongoing assurance against company policies and procedures.
- Maintain InfoSec risk registers to meet agreed security standards and ensure that key risks and issues are identified, and resolution agreed that satisfies business risk appetite.
- Maintain register of non-conformances & treatment actions advising key stakeholders on appropriate priorities and supporting root cause analysis.
- Provide strategic consultancy in improving security posture in line with current threat information
- Assist in driving cross-business InfoSec best practice, fostering relationships and collaborative working.
- Ensure appropriate corporate risk review of and formal management reviews in line with company processes
- Support the ongoing development and maintenance of the corporate ISMS in line with ISO27001:2013 requirements to align with latest information security advice and guidance
- Support the maintenance of key certificates and accreditations and industry credentials
- Maintain professional knowledge and qualifications to act as a subject matter expert providing advice to support business development and bid response
- Assurance of all ISO27001 controls and effective enforcement across business areas
- Security risk assessment & reviews and, remeditation plans
- Interpretation of legal and contractual requirements
- Assist in the review of bid requirements and completion of bid responses
- Following development and review – provide cover/representation for the Head of Security & BC as required
We’d be delighted to hear from you if you have the following skills/experience:
- Ability to demonstrate experience in ISO27001 with alignment against PDCA cycle
- Experience of working effectively across multiple stakeholder groups, geographies and service lines
- Experience in IT security incident management
- Legislative security requirements and controls
- IT services and data security risk management and governance
- Track record in the identification and remediation of IT security risks
- Willingness to undergo UK Government SC Clearance required
- Willingness to undertake semi-regular short-term UK travel required
- Full driver licence
- In addition a P3 level needs:Demonstrable experience of managing multiple projects and initiatives with limited supervision
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- Relevant Graduate and/or Post Graduate qualifications
- Relevant membership and qualifications e.g. IRCA, CISA, ISO27001 Auditor (internal minimum)
- Risk management background and use of risk management with the ability to apply methods e.g. ISO27005/31000.
- Excellent communication skills and track record of communicating to different audiences, including senior management, with the ability to describe technical issues in non-technical manner.
- Calm under pressure; copes well in a dynamic, complex environment
- Ability to drive consistent and repeatable results with limited supervision
- Understands when to escalate
- Develops trusting relationships with people at all levels and in various functions and specialities of organizations, both in external environments and internally
- Consistently delivering on promises, being sensitive to the needs and feelings of others and presenting a balanced view.
- Finds ways around difficult problems and not giving up.
- Challenges the status quo, drive and supports new processes and directions.
- Listens to and acts upon employee and colleague concerns.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.