Are you a Software Developer looking for a new challenge? Want to learn and work with new technologies? Want to work on critical infrastructure projects making a difference to people’s lives?
We are hiring Software Developers with .Net, C# & SQL skills to join our growing SCADA software development team. The team are responsible for developing Traction Power Management Systems (TPMS) essential for the efficient and effective functioning of the UK rail network. As a member of a critical team you will be involved in all areas of the software development lifecycle, verifying bugs, understanding new requirements and architectural analysis. This is an opportunity to join a highly collaborative team, where personal development and flexibility are encouraged and nurtured. You will also get exposure to new technologies, the team work in a cloud based Azure DevOps environment and utilise the SCRUM and Agile frameworks.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive Software Development experience
- .NET Framework, .NET Core and .NET Standard
- C# (or similar)
- SQL (or MySql/SqlLite/General database skills)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand complex software
- SCADA systems knowledge (preferably Panorama)
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Knowledge of OPC or OPC UA
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
Want to know more about telent?
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen. With current annual revenues of £399M, 2,200 employees and 50 operational locations across the UK and Ireland, we are a leading technology company which designs and delivers solutions and services for organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT, mission critical communications networks and operational systems, vital in the effective operation of the nation’s infrastructure.
At the heart of many of the UK’s best-known brands, telent operates within multiple industry sectors including Transport, Service Provider, Public Safety, Defence and Government.
If you have a passion for software development and are someone who thrives in a collaborative working environment, then be quick and apply now!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer.