telent Telecoms Operations Manager, Gosforth (Permanent)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of installation work within a telecom’s environment.
You’ll be working in a part of telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other external networks, including Gigaclear. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be responsible and accountable for the Operational and Financial delivery of a Direct Labour Depot working on the Openreach External Network.
- Delivering a Workstack to a Plan and predetermined Required By Dates
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of SLA's and to lead on improvement
- Managing all direct reports in line with HR policies and guidelines
- Act as a senior point of interaction with partners and suppliers
- Delivering Financial performance (P&L / Cash Flow) to Budgets.
- Financial/Business/ Commercial awareness.
- Focussed on outcomes for the customer and can complete work to time, cost and quality standards whilst always adhering to safe working practices.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Management of installation work within a telecom’s environment
- Experience running national field engineering teams
- The ability to communicate at all levels and manage key stakeholder relationships
- Previous experience of managing a direct labour model would be advantageous
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level in relevant discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Desirable: Suitable project management certification
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for an new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.