Telecoms Stores Manager, Maidenhead (6 Month FTC)
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you have proven experience of working in and managing a depot preferrably within telecoms or utilities works? If so, we would love to hear from you.
You’ll be working in a part of telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other external network providers. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high quality cost effective services.
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
Reporting to and tasked by the Depot Operations Manager locally, you will have responsibility for ensuring the Safe / Compliant / Secure and Efficient running of the Direct Labour Depot.
You will interface with other internal departments and are required to build strong relationships with your counterparts and ensure that deadlines are always met.
- You will ensure the smooth and compliant operation of the Local Stores Depot (STA)
- Liaising with Openreach stores management and telent Infrastructure Services (tIS)
- You will have delegated authority for stock/consumable ordering
- Procuring and controlling PPE / Signing Lighting and Guarding (SLG)
- You will manage small civils stores
- Be responsible for site/yard safety
- Previous experience of using a Stores Systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Packages
- Driving licence
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
• 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
• A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
• Occupational health support
• Telent Rewards Scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply toda
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.