telent Office365 Specialist/Project Engineer
Location: GB/Warwick/Haywood Road
Type of Job: Permanent
Ref No: V8716
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
With current annual revenues in excess of £400M and 2,400 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
Exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Office 365 Specialist/Project Engineer to join a vibrant and forward thinking company where you will be involved in wide ranging and interesting projects across critical national infrastructure.
Reporting into the ICT Operations Manager, this technical role will play an integral part in ensuring the stability and efficient operation of telent’s ICT environment and requirements. You will have the opportunity to undertake complex technical work to maintain infrastructure and systems, as well as being involved with the implementation of new projects and technologies.
Working as part of an engineering team, you will be responsible for dealing with day to day 3rd line activities including significant and complex technical work on ICT infrastructure and systems in support of operational requirements as well as in the implementation of new projects and technologies including: design, develop, test and deploy new technologies, ensuring projects are delivered on time.
- Provide 3rd line ICT support to a range of hardware, applications and systems
- Design, test, implement new systems and technologies in a timely manner
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping and processes
- Liaise with third party suppliers to ensure resolution to agreed SLA's and standards
- Work within the framework and guidelines of ITIL processes and policies, ensuring alignment to best practice
Business Operations Skills
- Azure and Office 365
- Teams, Sharepoint, Exchange Online
- Microsoft Active Directory/Azure Active Directory
- Windows Server (up to and including the latest version)
- Backup and DR Solutions
- Powershell scripting
- Cybersecurity including Web and Email filter solutions
- Mobile Device Management
- Experience of working within a service level driven environment
Business Operations Skills- Qualifications
- Microsoft Certification (MCP/MCSE)
- ITIL Foundation
- Clean Driving License
- Be able to be cleared to SC level
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and technical skills
- Experience of working in a busy environment, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt and prioritise
- Ability to improve on current skill set and keep up to date with relevant technologies
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.